Home > Events > Row to Rio
Row to Rio Logo Design Competition
Thank you for all of your entries to the Row to Rio logo contest. Finalists have been named. Click here to read the release.
Four More Years to Rio!
The 2016 Olympic Games in Rio de Janeiro may seem light years away, but USRowing athletes are already training to make the team and take the medal stand.
As with last year’s successful Row to London campaign, which contributed to the team’s Olympic success, USRowing and the NRF's Row to Rio campaign is designed to support the team and engage our fan base.
Our campaign starts with a new logo. And YOU can design it!
The winning design will be the face of USRowing and the National Rowing Foundation's Row to Rio campaign through the 2016 Olympic Games and will be featured on websites, team and fan gear, banners, boats, press releases, sponsor activation plans and much more. It will be the symbol of our community supporting our athletes.
How does it work?
Create a color logo and submit it to the competition. A selection committee will determine the finalists, and the rowing community will have a chance to vote and help determine the winner. In addition to having his/her logo used for four years, the winner will receive a 2013 U.S. National Team training gear package and autographed photo.
Logo Design Specifics:
- Design should be replicable on various media including apparel, hats, paper, flat surfaces and oar blades;
- Design must be in good taste;
- Four-six color logo, which can be digitally reproduced;
- Logo should include the following components: rowing reference, i.e. rower, oars, blades, boats, water (may include any of these or another reference of your choice) and the words “Row to Rio” must be part of the design;
- Primary design should be clear on images as small as two inches square;
- Design should “fit” in square shape or horizontal shape. Vertical designs are discouraged;
- Format: Illustrator file (or an EPS/vector art file that is editable);
- Design file limited to 3MB.
- The word “Olympic/s” or the Olympic Rings may not be used, nor any other trademarked logos or terminology;
- USRowing will have the right to edit the final version to meet our needs. (For example, two logos, one an adaptation of the original, were used in some formats in 2012.)
- Finalists will be announced Wednesday, March 6, 2013;
- Voting begins on www.usrowing.org and is open to rowing community;
- Voting remains open until March 27, 2013;
- Final decision will be a combination of voting and selection committee input;
- Winning design will be announced April 3, 2013.
Please direct any questions to firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you for participating in this competition. Have fun creating your entry and good luck!